A WHITE/WHITE-YELLOW belt judo tournament at the Lakewood Family YMCA (Lakewood, WA) hosted by Ippon Dojo (Lakewood, WA). THIS TOURNAMENT IS FOR JUDOKA RANGING FROM 5 TO 16 YEARS OLD!
Oak Tree participants should be enrolled in the Beginning Junior Class or Intermediate Junior Class, and should seek instructor advisement before registering. All athletes must sign a parental release in order to participate in this tournament.
Please go HERE to download the ENTRY PACKET. It will be a four page download that includes tournament rules as well as your registration paperwork. Tournament Contact: Jason Harai. Phone:(253) 228-7146. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
ALL OAK TREE JUDO PARTICIPANTS NEED TO GIVE A SIGNED COPY OF ALL ENTRY PAPERWORK TO SENSEI LUKELA NO LATER THAN THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH! NO EXCEPTIONS!
Carpooling can be arranged person to person, the dojo will not be providing carpool services.
There are several major, national organizations that organize tournaments in the United States. The two we work with the most are USA JUDO and UNITED STATES JUDO FEDERATION otherwise known as USJF. To compete widely, you must be a member of both. You will start registering for USA JUDO and then apply for the "Joint Membership Option" on the USJF site. We understand this is confusing. Please consult with your sensei to assess what memberships you will need for your level of competition.
For financial planning, it is good to know that memberships are roughly $140 a year per participant.
All potential participants must have a white appropriately fitted JUDO gi. Gis can be purchased through the dojo and cost $60 per gi. Checks, cards and cash can be accepted for gis. Please make checks out to OAK TREE JUDO DOJO. Please speak to your sensei three weeks prior to competition to purchase a gi.
Please bring the following to the tournament:
- Current USJF / USA Judo Card
- A towel to dry off.
- Flip flops or quick change sandals
- Clean feet and trimmed nails.
- No earring or jewelry in piercings.
- Long hair must be tied back.
- No perfume or oily lotions.
- Please be aware that dyed hair can bleed on gis and damage the gis. Please plan appropriately if you have dyed hair.
- Please wear shorts for quick change between gis.
- Female participants must wear a white t shirt or rash guard under their gi
- Means to pay registration fee (please see below, check or cash)
- A reusable water bottle labeled with your name - please do not bring disposable plastic!
- Snacks or Lunch
- NOTE: all day seating is on bleachers. Please bring any items to make yourself comfortable as needed.
- Appropriate "in seat" activities for smaller siblings.
- There is no secured area for personal items other than your car. Please do not bring expensive electronics or any items you cannot secure while you compete.
- NO PERSONAL GAMING SYSTEMS FOR OAK TREE JUDO ATHLETES (You should be cheering on your teammates).
REGISTRATION & WEIGH IN:
7:00 AM to 8:00 AM for All participants
OPENING CEREMONIES start at 9:00 AM (Youth gym)
ENTRY FEE & ENTRY DEADLINE: $30.00 USD, $35.00 CAD per contestant. ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE SUBMITTED WITH ENTRY PACKET TO SENSEI LUKELA NO LATER THAN THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 6TH!
Please make checks payable to Ippon Judo Dojo.
Tournament Style: Round robin, 2 minute match time
Weight Divisions: There will be light, medium, and heavy divisions. Age and weight divisions are subject to change to ensure the safety of the participant. All changes will be discussed with the coaches and competitors involved prior to the change.
Full 2017 IJF rules will apply with the following modifications.
1. NO Chokes permitted - All Divisions
2. NO Arm locks permitted - All Divisions
3. NO golden score - All Divisions
4. Rest periods - 2 Minutes
5. Co-Ed divisions for ages 10 & under